Soon Warren Watercolor Workshop
Date: September 24 – 27, 2019
Time: 9am – 4 pm daily
Black Creek Arts Center, 2nd Floor
116 West College Avenue
Hartsville, SC 29550
Cost: $425 includes instruction, handouts, and lunch
All reservations are first come first serve; you may be put on a wait list if desired. Workshop fees must be paid in full and submitted by August 24, 2019.
***A NON-REFUNDABLE $100 deposit is required to reserve your space
Application for Soon Warren Watercolor Workshop
Join us as award-winning artist, Soon Young Warren; share her process in creating breath-taking brilliance in her master piece paintings. In this workshop, you will learn how to use glazing and washing techniques to create luminous, brilliant colors of crystal and red silk background in your paintings. Students will also learn how to apply masking fluid to preserve the white of the paper for highlights. You will have a "hands-on" painting experience while learning the concept of color theory and relationships as well as layering, washing, glazing colors, and detailing to finalize the painting. Soon will provide students with one-on-one guidance as well as helpful critiques all throughout the workshop
While painting, workshop participants will learn:
• Glazing and washing techniques to create a luminous under painting
• How to see and use value, light, and dark to create image
• How to approach a painting
• How to incorporate the concept of color theory and color relationships into a painting
• Discussion and critiques will follow during workshop session
• In addition to the group exercise, participants are encouraged to bring current pieces to paint along with reference photos. To make the most of instructional time, prepare the drawing before the workshop
Prior to the workshop students will be provided with a reference photo and drawing for the group exercise and a suggested supply list. Following a painting demonstration, workshop participants will paint their own painting in order to fully understand the process. While concentrating on technique, the concept of color theory, composition, and color values will be incorporated into the workshop.
Visit Soon Warrens website to learn more about her and her work.